- Dedicated Tournament Platform
- League Operations
- General Advice & Support
- Tournaments Hosted – 13
- Teams Registered – 179
- Matches Scheduled – 452
Tournament Formats Utilised
- Standard Groups
- Round Robin
- Single Elimination
epic.LAN provided a dedicated instance of its tournament platform branded to match the British Esports Championships visual style.As the tournament was running in schools and colleges, several custom modifications were made to the platform to satisfy important safeguarding requirements, including:
- Creation of a ‘managed team’ feature to remove individual player registrations so no student data other than player nickname was being held in the system and allowing school staff to manage all interactions in the system on behalf of pupils.
- Bulk account creation via .csv import to manage team registrations alongside other British Esports Association processes and other tournament partners.
epic.LAN also provided a fully managed system for the tournament with its staff managing all backend system interactions (creating tournament stages, fixture management and promotions) as well as a dedicated league operations team member to support teams directly throughout the tournament. The league operations support worked closely with three British Esports Association volunteers to support their admin decisions, investigate any accusations and provide decisions and recommendations back to British Esports Association staff. This level of support allowed British Esports staff to focus on managing and developing wider relationships with educational establishments rather than the detail of tournament matches as well as creating an impartial escalation process for any conflicts.
- Client Score - 10/10
- “Super quick turnaround on feedback and changes. Staff always available to help & maintain the product. Very friendly and down to earth!”
- “epic.LAN were excellent to work with, providing round-the-clock support and maintenance of a custom tournament platform that they made for us. They were easy to talk to, really quick to make changes and super friendly. They understood the challenges of working with schools and colleges and adapted the system for that purpose. Their expertise was essential to the success of our tournament.”
- “You deliver what you say you are going to deliver when you say you are going to do it. You do what needs doing to enable this to happen. This builds trust and respect.”