Current Job Listings
Closes Sunday 19th May
- Location: Congleton, Cheshire (UK)
- Salary: £17,550 per annum
- Hours: Full Time, Permanent
epic.LAN is well-known for running its own gaming and esports events, and is also becoming one of the UK’s leading support service providers for gaming and esports in the UK, helping others to create great gaming events by taking the hassle out of finding personnel and technical solutions.
We’re looking for a new member of the team to support that growth and help epic.LAN to reach the next level.
The new Event Assistant will work on a range of online and offline projects as part of epic.LAN’s business services offer. This is the first full-time role in epic.LAN and is expected to evolve over time with the business and offer plenty of growth opportunities for the right candidate; we anticipate opportunities for the role to eventually specialise in one of the following areas subject to the company growth:
- Event Management
- Production (Audio, Visual, Stream)
- Technical (Network, Systems)
- Esports (League Operations)
You’ll need to be great with people as you will be one of the most visible faces of epic.LAN to other organisations. Naturally, a passion for gaming and esports is important as everyone involved in epic.LAN is a gamer at heart, and that translates through to every event we deliver.
- Location: The base for the role will be at epic.LAN’s offices in Congleton, Cheshire, however there will be a lot of travel involved attending events.
- Starting Salary: £17,550 per annum, this rate will be reviewed regularly based on the individual and business performance.
- Annual Leave: 20 days + bank holidays
- Flexible Working: Flexible working in terms of location and hours will be required for this role to service an industry that does not keep to standard office hours. We firmly believe in flexible working being a two-way street though and understand that if we’re asking you to work in a flexible way, you deserve the same flexibility in turn. You will be required to work events throughout the year which will have some long hours, but you will be given the chance to take that time back.
A job at epic.LAN will mean getting involved in all areas of the business at times as we are such a small organisation, so we will be looking for a candidate who is flexible and happy to work on a range of tasks as the business requires. The key parts of this role will include:
- Delivery of offline and online events for gaming and esports clients which will include a wide skillset of league operations, basic technical support, production support and event management (with the opportunity to specialise in one or more of these areas in the future as the staffing numbers grow).
- Maintain relationships with B2B clients and deliver an excellent level of customer service
- Event planning, logistics and budgeting
- Equipment and stores maintenance
The role is the first full-time new employee to epic.LAN and being there at the start of our next phase of growth will be an exciting opportunity to steer our whole direction over the coming years.
We aren’t necessarily looking for somebody with years of experience in either esports or events, just somebody who is passionate about both areas and willing to learn.
The role is an entry-level salary, but there will be the opportunity for the role to grow with the right person.
You will need to have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle to attend events and meetings with equipment as required. You will ideally need to be able to drive vehicles up to and including Luton vans (standard driving licence).
You will be dealing with other businesses verbally and in writing so we do need a high standard of written English to fulfil these tasks and you will require a good technical knowledge of hardware and software used in this environment.
We aren’t looking for specific qualifications, we’re looking for the attitude and personality to fit with the team and help us grow.
If that sounds like you, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 19th May. (No recruiters please).