EPIC.LAN is well-known for running its own gaming and esports events and is also becoming one of the UK’s leading technical support agencies for gaming and esports in the UK, helping others to create great gaming productions by taking the hassle out of finding personnel and technical solutions.
We’re looking for a new member of the team to support that growth and help EPIC.LAN to reach the next level.
The new Production Assistant will work on a range of online and offline projects as part of EPIC.LAN’s business services offer. As EPIC.LAN’s first dedicated full-time production role, the job is expected to evolve over time and offer plenty of growth opportunities for the right candidate.
You’ll need to be great with people as you will be working closely with clients and other crew members (internal and freelance). Naturally, a passion for gaming and esports is important as everyone involved in EPIC.LAN is a gamer at heart, and that translates through to every event we deliver.
- Location: The named base for the role will be at EPIC.LAN’s offices in Congleton, Cheshire to prepare and maintain production equipment, however there will be travel involved attending events as well as remote working options.
- Starting Salary: £21,000 per annum, this rate will be reviewed regularly based on the individual and business performance.
- Annual Leave: 20 days + bank holidays
- Flexible Working: Flexible working in terms of location and hours will be key for this role. We firmly believe in flexible working being a two-way street though and understand that if we’re asking you to work in a flexible way, you deserve the same flexibility in turn. You will be required to work events throughout the year which will have some long hours, but you will be given the chance take that time back to recover. When you are not required in the office or at events, home/remote working options are also available to maintain a work/life balance.
A job at EPIC.LAN will mean getting involved in all areas of the business at times as we are such a small organisation. We will be looking for a candidate who is flexible and happy to work on a range of tasks as the business requires. The key parts of this role will include:
- Supporting online and offline productions with a range of tasks including
- Sourcing and booking crew and talent
- Logistics arrangements for crew and talent
- Creation of call sheets, crew briefings and other relevant documentation to support broadcasts
- Basic technical support for online and offline broadcasts
- Production equipment logistics, inventory management and maintenance
- Support the production tender process through obtaining quotes and budget tracking.
- Tracking broadcast performance metrics
- Logging and tracking of issues and quality control
- Liaise with partner agencies, external suppliers and clients
- Act as a key point of contact during broadcasts and events for crew logistics support
- Support the wider EPIC.LAN business as required.
This role would suit somebody who has a keen interest in broadcast production who is looking to step into a full-time role with plenty of opportunities to specialise and grow as the world of events starts its post-COVID recovery.
The day-to-day role is very much to provide support to wider production teams and clients, but the nature of the work coming in to EPIC.LAN will allow the successful applicant to learn a number of areas and develop specialisms over time.
You will need to be really organised and have a great mind for logistics, planning and timing.
Naturally an interest in gaming and esports would be a huge help, especially to understand some of the unique quirks of esports broadcasts.
A full UK driving licence would be desirable to support equipment logistics. You will ideally need to be able to drive vehicles up to and including Luton vans (standard driving licence), however this is not an essential requirement for the role.
You will be dealing with other businesses verbally and in writing so we do need a high standard of written English to fulfil these tasks and you will require a good technical knowledge of hardware and software used in this environment as well as basic office software and project management tools.
We aren’t necessarily looking for specific qualifications, we’re looking for the attitude and personality to fit with the team and help us grow.
If that sounds like you, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 22nd October. (No recruiters please).