- Dedicated tournament platform
- Integration with existing community platform
- CSGO server hosting
- CSGO server tournament automation
- CSGO match plugin
- Community server hosting
- Tournaments Hosted – 52
- Users Registered – 3810
- CSGO Server Peak (inc GOTV) – 130
Tournament Formats Utilised
- Standard Groups
- Standard Elimination
- Modified Swiss
epic.LAN worked closely with NSE’s existing web developers, Code Wizards, to mirror their main community platform design and integrate with user sign on systems to simplify the process for students to register for their chosen tournaments and provide a seamless experience moving between platforms.
NSE utilises a complex modified version of the Swiss tournament format which has been extremely successful at retaining interest in the tournament throughout the duration. The modified format is not supported as standard in any other platform, so epic.LAN worked alongside the esports team at NSE to understand the complexities of the format in order to recreate it in the platform while retaining the level of flexibility required by the admin team.
Other key custom modifications included:
- Customisation of check-in system
- Synchronisation of team rosters with NSE community platform
- Bulk email for teams
- Scoreboard creation
- Custom pairings
CS:GO Server Provision & Match Tools
In addition to the tournament platform, epic.LAN also provided CS:GO and GOTV servers for tournament evenings involving 90+ teams. Using our in-house tournament platform, server control system and CS:GO match plugin tools we were able to automate the deployment of all servers in around 10mins including serving the detailed IPs and passwords to each team through the match page on the tournament platform with minimum manual involvement.
The tournament platform and CS:GO plugin working together automatically populates the server with the correct team names, country flags and map series, tracks live scores in to the admin dashboard and reports the final scores back to the tournament system on completion, leaving teams to simply confirm the results and advance to their next scheduled game.
Over the course of the first year, the suite of server tools saved the admin team hundreds of staff hours allowing them to focus on player interactions rather than dedicated server management.
epic.LAN hosted the game servers and web tools on a range of Fasthosts Bare Metal and Dedicated Servers as part of their ongoing technical partnership. You can see more about the partnership at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFYxfysM4Q.
- Client Score - 10/10
- "Working with the epic.LAN tournament platform allowed us the flexibility to run a complex university league using a variety of tournament formats. The epic.LAN team genuinely cared about our project and went above and beyond to make sure all our issues were resolved quickly and efficiently." - Chris Henshaw - League Operations Manager - NSE
- “Working with Jon and his team at epic.LAN is one of our favourite engagements of the year. They understand esports, and how to run events, from a grassroots level upwards. Their team is amazing and friendly & easy to work with. Plus they have a system that’s designed to be integrated and extended. Put together these elements and they’ve got a unique (and awesome) offering and we look forward to working with them more and more next year.” - Stuart Muckley, Code Wizards